30.12.10

Adam Süssmann - Acoustic Guitar Solo (2004)

 

Don't be fooled by the title: this is harsh and uncompromising noise. Sussmann (I believe he has ditched the Umlaut, so this is another case of me trying to be hypercorrect) plays in Stasis Duo, whose untitled album was another one of the highlights of 2010 as far as I'm concerned (although much, much less hard on the ears than this solo outing - unless you have problems with sinewaves). What we have here is a very limited solo album on Document, the completely obscure and untraceable label who released some stuff by Matt Earle, Will Guthrie and Mattin on CDR some 5 years ago and seems to have vanished since. I think it was Earle and Sussmann themselves who ran it. I wonder if there's a link with Antboy, their catalogues have a lot of artists in common. Anyway, I thought I might as well save this one from total oblivion. The tiny paper in the cardboard cover says "adam sussmann acoustic guitar solo recorded late 2003 probert st sydney acoustic guitar microphone ebow no amplifier document 2". There's 2 tracks (24 minutes), one a fierce razorblade attack on your eardrums, the other more about sinewaves. Play it loud on headphones and let me know how that worked out for you. How's that for a happy new year? Enjoy.
320kbps.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Any chance you have his electric guitar solo?

    ReplyDelete